The BU HSE Manager is responsible for the direct management of the HSE function within the Asia Business Unit. Reporting directly to the APAC / ME Business Region HSEQ Director (based in KL)
The role has accountability and expectations to work with the respective functional Managers within the Asia Business Unit to support the Win & Execute strategy of the Asia Business Unit. Furthermore, the Asia BU HSE Manager is expected to undertake an active and visible role in the day to day oversight of the safety performance, to ensure Safety value is delivered consistently throughout the Asia Business Unit.
- Lead and support a positive HSE culture and behaviour across company, particularly with the Asia BU.
- Champion the Company’s work safe & home safe framework setting the tone and leading by example
- Actively drive HSE and operational improvement performance
- Work with Asia Pacific / Middle East Business Unit HSE Managers to ensure consistent delivery of HSE across Asia Pacific Middle East.
- Contribute and actively participate in the delivery of Company’s sustainability culture
- Expectation to regularly engage with onshore and offshore worksites and respectively management teams within the Asia BU
- Development of the HSE Graduates within the Asia Business Unit
- Actively engage with respective Asia Business Unit Functional Managers to drive improvement and consistency across the Asia Business Unit
- Contribute to the Asia Business Unit and Asia Pacific / Middle East functional strategies and plans
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, accurate and cost effective management and delivery of the function’s activities within the designated area of responsibility
- Partner with senior managers to maintain positive client relations
- Monitor Asia BU and Project HSE performance and trends, and report and inform on improvement strategies
- Identifying project and other in country requirements to ensure necessary HSE resources are available and assigned
- Develop the Local HSE function through clearly understood roles, responsibilities and performance objectives, regular feedback and continuing professional training.
- Min. NEBOSH professional certificate
- Min. 3 years experience in HSE Managerial position with strong knowledge in HSE Management System (OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001, and ISO 14001), Project HSE Management, Risk Assessment Principles, Incident Investigation (TapRoot), Emergency Response Management, Behaviour Based Safety, Environmental Risk management and all other HSE subject matters.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment, with considerable experience in one of the HSEQ disciplines
- Experience in Managing Projects within Asia